Welcome to 6th Grade!


It's hard to believe it's August already and time for school to start back up again. I'm excited to welcome a new group of students to sixth grade. I love this grade level and really enjoy teaching math and science. I will be using this website to keep you informed of important things happening in my class and at Delaware. This will include: important dates, upcoming events and field trips and what we are currently learning in math and science class, including the standard(s) being taught. Speaking of standards, Indiana has adopted brand new standards for this school year. Those can be found by following this link: 2014-15 IN Standards

The first few days of school we will be focusing on SOAR rules and procedures, learning a little bit about each other and, of course, some paperwork, netbook and locker assignments, etc. By the middle of the week we will begin learning about our first math standard of the year: 6.C.1 - Divide multi-digit whole numbers fluently using a standard algorithmic approach. In science, we will begin learning about the scientific method and why scientists use it to create credible investigations that feature well supported evidence.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have about what we are doing in class. I'll do my best to keep this site updated as much as possible with current information. My goal is for you to always know what is going on in my class. An open line of communication is a great way to ensure student success and achievement. I look forward to working with both students and parents to ensure that this year is a success!

Let's make it a great year!
Mr. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astronomy Night

Fractions, Decimals & Percents

Graduation Time!